Part two of the Sunday afternoon Jasmine tea party is tomorrow. Will you be attending? Here is the information just in case you've not received it yet. Also, we have the Human Rights In China (HRIC) commentary video linked below as well. Please take a couple of minutes to watch - it is quite interesting.
How To Participate:
This is not a violent revolution - it is non-violent non-cooperation. Everyone and anyone should just stroll to the location, watch, or even just pretend to be a passerby. Anyone present will cause the government great concern and will force the expenditure of manpower and other resources.
Unable To Attend? No problem:
If you are unable to participate in the strolls, please tell every Chinese person you know: We need an honest government. We need the right to supervise government tax collection. We need the right to scrutinize officials’ wealth. We need the right to publicly criticize the government. These are fundamental rights of every Chinese person. Non-violent non-cooperation is the only path for Chinese democratization. Use word-of-mouth to break through the news blackout and come show your support. In any event, the protest is every Sunday - please join when you can.
Dates & Times:
Every Sunday at 2PM
If your location is not listed here, just go to the city square in the city nearest you.
- Beijing: in front of the McDonald’s on Wangfujing Street
- Shanghai: in front of Peace Cinema at People’s Square
- Tianjin: below the Drum Tower
- Nanjing, [Jiangsu Province]: the entrance of Silk Street Department Store at the Drum Tower Square
- Xi’an, [Shaanxi Province]: the entrance of Carrefour on Beida Street
- Chengdu, [Sichuan Province]: under the Statue of Chairman Mao at Tianfu Square
- Changsha, [Hunan Province]: the entrance of Xindaxin Building at Wuyi Square
- Hangzhou, [Zhejiang Province]: the entrance of Hangzhou Department Store at Wulin Square
- Guangzhou, [Guangdong Province]: in front of the Starbucks at the People’s Park
- Shenyang, [Liaoning Province]: in front of the KFC at North Nanjing Street
- Changchun, [Jilin Province]: in front of Corogo Supermarket at Democratic Avenue of West Culture Square
- Harbin, [Heilongjiang Province]: in front of Harbin Cinema
- Wuhan, [Hubei Province]: in front of the McDonald’s at Jiefang Avenue and the World Trade Plaza